Saturday, October 23, 2010

PE_4 Adobe Premiere Pro CS5



I've chosen to focus on Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 this week. My practical experience with this tool is immediate. I'm working on a marketing video at school and have been shooting footage with a new hi-def camera. The resulting files are in a codec that is not compatible with iMovie or Final Cut Express, but is readable with Premiere Pro. Fortunately, very fortunately in fact, the Launch Box package includes Premiere Pro.


The Premiere Pro interface and workflow is very similar to Final Cut Express, so the learning curve is not as steep as I expected. This week I've been playing with some test footage just to become more comfortable. Monday the real work begins.


I'll be back with more thoughts this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment