Sunday, October 24, 2010

PE_6 Adobe Premiere Pro, pt. 3

Final installment...

I spent a good chunk of time editing footage with Adobe Premiere Pro this afternoon. This software definitely falls under the category of very deep tool set. Like most of the Adobe suite of software, it can be learned in a day but takes a lifetime to master.

Since I’ll be shooting quite a bit of hi-def footage over the next few months for a couple of big projects at school, I’ll hopefully become proficient at manipulating the clips pretty quickly. I mentioned it in an earlier post, but iMovie and Final Cut Express do not come loaded with the codec to handle hi-def files saved to a P2 card.






Using my experience with other video editing software I can import and trim clips, insert transitions and render final versions with little effort. Now I need to spend some time learning the tools and tricks that will add an extra level of polish.

No time like the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment